Top Reasons to See Dr. Michael Alvarez for Sleep Disorders
- Many people who experience sleep disorders don’t realize that they are related to underlying dental issues and vice-versa; some dental issues may be aggravated by behaviors that take place when patients are sleeping
- Dr. Alvarez specializes in treating dental-related sleep disorder symptoms
- Dr. Alvarez and his trained staff of medical professionals take the time needed to really get to know each and every one of their patients
- Dr. Alvarez believes in helping patients in the Fremont, CA area improve the quality of their lives through advanced dental care and good oral health practices
What You Should Know About Sleep Disorders
Sleep disorders are extremely common in people of all ages. Sometimes it’s obvious to the patient that he or she suffers from a sleep disorder, but other times it may not be. If you experience any of the following, you may have a sleep disorder:
- You snore loudly – so loudly that your spouse may have to sleep in another room
- You fall asleep easily at inappropriate times (movies, plays, concerts, etc.)
- You can easily feel sleepy when driving
- You wake up with sore teeth or a sore jaw (often caused by bruxism, or teeth grinding)
While sleep disorders can affect people of all ages, it’s particularly common in older patients. If you suffer from a sleep disorder, it can greatly impact the quality of your life. Dr. Alvarez specializes in treating sleep disorders and believes that resolving these issues can improve a patient’s overall health and well-being.
One of the most serious of all sleep disorders is called sleep apnea. This condition can not only impact your quality of sleep, but it can actually be life-threatening. It occurs when a patient quits breathing for 10 seconds or longer while sleeping. Some symptoms of sleep apnea include:
- Very loud snoring
- Dry mouth in the morning (caused by leaving the mouth open to breathe while sleeping)
- Lethargy, or being tired during the day (caused by lack of sleep at night)
- Headaches in the morning
If you believe that you or someone in your family suffers from sleep apnea, Dr. Alvarez can help. He has been successfully treating this serious condition in his patients for years would be happy to discuss with you the symptoms and possible treatments to alleviate the problem.
Contact Our Office Today for More Information About Sleep Disorders
If you’d like more information about sleep disorders and to find out whether you or a member of your family might be experiencing these problems, contact our Fremont, CA office today at 510-713-6790.
Dr. Alvarez and his trained staff of dental professionals conform to all state and local laws within the state of California.