Top Reasons to See Dr. Michael Alvarez for Cleaning and Checkups
- Dr. Alvarez employs a dental hygienist that is a specialized with training above and beyond most other dental hygienists
- Dr. Alvarez has a professional staff that is specifically trained in applying sealants
- Dr. Alvarez believes in helping patients in the Fremont, CA area improve the quality of their lives and enhance their self-esteem by providing them with beautiful, healthy smiles
- Dr. Alvarez and his trained staff of medical professionals take the time needed to really get to know each and every one of their patients
What’s Involved in a Dental Exam
A critical part of any good oral healthcare routine is regular professional cleaning and checkups that are performed by Dr. Alvarez and his specially trained staff in our Fremont, CA office.
During your dental exam, Dr. Alvarez and his staff will:
- Examine teeth for any signs of decay
- Check for gum disease and look for signs of bone loss
- Thoroughly check the integrity of all existing restorations, including fillings, implants, crowns, etc.
- Check for signs of oral cancer
- Take a full set of X-rays, when necessary
Professional Dental Cleanings
Dr. Alvarez is pleased to have a specially trained hygienist on his staff – a person with training that is far beyond what most hygienists have. Because of that, you can be sure that you and your family will receive only the highest-quality professional cleanings. Your cleaning and checkups will include tartar and plaque removal, as well as teeth polishing.
VELscope is the best oral cancer screening system available in today’s modern dental technology. Dr Alvarez includes a VELscope oral cancer screening during each patient’s dental exam. In addition to a visual check up, this non-invasive device uses blue light allowing Dr. Alvarez to see abnormalities of the soft tissues in the mouth that may be an indication of oral cancer. Taking advantage of VELscope during your routine dental exams at our office gives you the opportunity to stay on top of your oral health and treat areas of concern before they are a bigger health problem.
Contact Us Today to Schedule an Appointment for Your Cleaning and Checkup
We’re looking forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our patient family. Contact us today at our Fremont, CA office for more information: 510-713-6790.
Dr. Alvarez and his trained staff of dental professionals conform to all state and local laws within the state of California.